Flushing Instructions for Over-heating Engines
Made In USA - Copyright, Salt-Away Products, Inc. Since 1994. All rights reserved.
SALT ACCUMULATION REMOVAL PROGRAM
FOR SALT WATER MARINE ENGINES
- Salt-Away has been helping boaters remove accumulated salt from salt clogged engines for years. If your engine has currently accumulated salt and rust corrosion, Salt-Away can break apart the salt and rust corrosion to a satisfactory condition, depending on the severity of the accumulation.
- Salt-Away Concentrate is highly concentrated, and in any dilution can be used safely on magnesium, aluminum, metal, fiberglass, rubber, plastic, impellers, seals, and all other surfaces exposed to salt. We recommend using the Salt-Away Mixing Unit to dilute our concentrate to an effective and economical dilution. Since Salt-Away is actually a very mild chemical, it may take several flushing cycles to completely remove accumulated salt from an engine.
- Routine flushing of your engine’s cooling system with Salt-Away removes the fresh salt then leaves a protective film on the surface to protect it against future salt corrosion.
- During this process, do not expose
the engine to salt water, if possible.
- If your
engine is experiencing over-heating, using this method of Salt-Away flushing can
remove salt accumulation and the engine can return to the normal running temperature.
- It is
reasonable to expect that not all situations will respond to this method of salt
accumulation removal. However, using this method has worked for many of our customers.
- Flushing your engine after every
use in salt water with Salt-Away will prevent this accumulation.